View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Optimal VPIP and PFR% for 6-max NL ring?

I sometimes wonder what my BB/100 would be if I played less tables. The bankroll requirements to play 4 $100NL tables are less than the bankroll requirements to play 1 $400NL table though (hmmm...perhaps I'm starting another thread with that comment).

With respect to my VPIP, I raise with almost anything preflop if I am CO or Button and first one in. Like Jocke_F, I tend to take down the pot on the flop with a continuation bet (2/3 pot is my preferred bet size). The biggest problem 4-tabling with this strategy is that if you are tired or on autopilot, it's hard to identify soon enough at which tables you need to put the brakes on. Against calling stations or other hyper aggressive opponents, you need to switch to classic, TAGGY play. Poker Ace HUD is really helpful, but you need to make sure that you don't get lazy, or else you'll miss the nuances of your opponents' playing styles. You can catch nuances when 4 tabling, but you risk becoming antisocial (my cell phone, AIM, and email are pretty much always off).

After a rough run at $20-$40 and $500NL in Vegas, I've actually been 6-tabling low stakes to build my bankroll back up.

4 $25NL tables and 2 $20+$2 STTs have been the mix (I can't handle more than 4 6-max tables, but my STT strategy is really straightforward) . Suffice to say, I am completely wiped out after these sessions, which usually last 5-6 hours. Today, I just 4 tabled STTs to give my mind a break.