View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: When do you stop pushing AK?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In this case I'd probably not push, but rather come over the top with a raise of about 40% of my stack, or 2k. This basically states the same as a push, that you have a strong hand and you're willing to commit to the pot with it. The problem I see with a push is that you're only getting called by a hand that is willing to race - perhaps another big ace that you have dominated but also perhaps a small PP. You're limiting the hands that will call your bet to a select few that you beat badly or the hands that are ahead of you preflop. I think that a reraise is a better way to get more chips out of your opponent and might even get them to push into you thinking you're just on a resteal.

There are honestly a lot of different ways to play this hand in this situation. This is just one way that, in my opinion, has a good chance of being called and extracting more chips out of your opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only 2 players who haven't folded, the raiser with 2500 and the BB with 3000. I don't see a lot of difference between raising to 2000 and pushing. All the money is going in either way. I would just push. I guess there is some kind of psychological game to reraising all but a few chips, but I don't see the point in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only point would be to vary your betting patterns, which probably matters very little given that this is an online tourney.