View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 07:35 PM

Default 2/5 Live hand against good LAG

2/5 NL at the Wynn, and I have about $400.

Villain is an asian LAG that plays downright good postflop. One limper, I raise to $25 with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP, villain cold calls (which means he has two cards), limper calls.

$75 pot, 3 way flop which is
K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Limper checks, I bet $50 pretty quickly, villain makes it $150 just as quickly. Limper folds.

My thoughts are.. the only hand I would ever think that raises here is a deuce. KQ doesn't play this way. Something like 77 may occasionally do this but rarely. If he had a deuce wouldn't he have something to at least ponder? There is another person in the pot after all. If I had a deuce it would at least require some contemplation on my part as to whether I should raise or call. He's good enough to understand that my likely pushing range is AK minimum.

I just don't understand what hand he's representing. On the other hand the existence of the limper does cut down on the probability that he is on a hardcore bluff.

If I push I obviously only get called when beat, but I can likely get him to fold some better hands if he had opted to raise something like KQ there. Calling sucks. Folding seems like a safe and routine option but jeez I just don't buy his raise.

Thoughts?