View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Doubting my skills (LC)

Hey all, you prob. get this a lot, but I have been playing $10 and $20 Sngs for a long time (2 years ago actually). I have always just bought in for $50 and cashed out at around $300 or so, about a total of 10 times since last year. When this semester of school started, I decided to take a shot and try to build a bankroll and become a real "student of the game". I have not been successful. Just now, I went on a huge tilt (6 $10 sngs...each one i lost KK/AA all ins). I went on blackjack and tilted away the rest of my $200 bankroll, putting $50 on a hand. Since november 1, I have played 950 $10 sngs...41% ITM 6% roi, HORRIBLE! During this period I have never been above $300 (Starting from my $45 I made from affiliate profits.) It seems like a lost cause for me to be playing. Two of my friends have turned a $100 deposit into $3,000 so far and are playing 30's and 50's, in about four months. I have almost no more money to put into Party and blow again. What should I do? I read these forums almost daily reading the hands, etc. Has anyone had a similar experience? Also, does anyone have my pokerprophecy stats? (sebumd) that they could post, I'm curious. Sorry for the rambling, but thanks for reading my post.

Frustrated after my $200 tilt....
sebumd

ps. My goal is to be playing anything for about 30 hours a week this summer, and be making over $400/week. Is this a realistic goal for the summer? Would I be able to find anyone online to be a "mentor" or something of that sort?