View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: How the hell is this guy getting paid more then me?

What he is basically saying is that USC, with all conditions favorable for them such as health, depth, home field advantage etc. could possibly beat the Houston Texans.

You can make that argument, but what you are essentially saying is that the match up on paper favors USC, which when you consider Houston's futility, is plausable.

There are two things that swing the argument heavily in favor of any NFL team: Game speed and toughness. There isn't any way the USC squad that can take the pounding of 4 quarters from an NFL squad. They would simply wear down.

That said I do think that Houston's team is so bad that USC would be able to hang with them for as long as maybe a half, but there is no way they wouldn't wear down as the game progressed, and their inexperience would be exploited.

People tried to make this same argument about Miami when they had that nice run a few years back.

[ QUOTE ]
Eric Moneypenny is a frequent contributor to FOXSports.com. You may absolutely not e-mail him at moneypennysucks@yahoo.com.<br />
[/ QUOTE ]

This leads me to believe he knows that what he is arguing is idiotic. Why Fox Sports published it I don't know.