View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Dell 2001FP for $549 including shipping

I did this yesterday. $549 for the LCD, $33 for 3-5 day shipping (free shipping only on home side), $29.10 sales tax (since they have a B&M warehouse in VA) -- $611.10.

Now the bad news -- their website says "Usually ships in 24 hours". After placing the order, I get an email with an estimated ship date of 2/10 (6 days from now) and an estimated delivery date of 2/14.

I called them up to try to find out why the 6 day delay. I understand/expect a delay if I buy a customized computer that needs to be assembled but this is a cookie-cutter LCD.
"We have a really big backlog of orders on these right now." Well, hey maybe you should make some more (especially if you're starting a big sale on them on your web site right now).

Now that I've decided to buy one of these, I'd like it sooner please. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] So I go over to Ebay, search around and buy one through a BuyNow price -- $620 total price with s/h and it should ship out the next day.

So I go back to the Dell site and pull up my order to get the info so I can call them to cancel and WTF, the status says its ready for shipping. This morning I get another email that its been picked up by UPS and should be here Tuesday.

Oh well, I guess I need to go buy a dual-DVI video card now as well and get to work clearing the rest of these Superbowl bonuses. Cleared $400 in bonuses this month already and have $600-800 of Superbowl and stacked reloads to work through.

Should be a fun month [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]