View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 11:18 PM

Default Re: I think I should quit (long)

OK, I'm all better now. Yes, it was something of a rant, needed to let off some steam. I still think I'm done with tourneys, but at least I will depart rationally. Thanks for the replies.

Against the one in a million chance I will actually play a SnG again, I would like to explain the JJ hand, which seems to be the only one I truly mangled according to the replies. I'm not sure why it drew so much attention and I guess the fact I don't see why it was played so bad says something about my lack of understanding of SnG play.

From Aleo Magus:
[ QUOTE ]

So, in the 1-3 rounds, play only the following in positions 1-7:

22-JJ (limp in, cold call min raises only and maybe not with small pairs 22-66)

PRE-FLOP STRATEGY

LEVELS 1-3

EARLY POSITION (Seats 1-7), play only a pair or AK 1. With JJ or lower, limp in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was the mistake calling the raise because it wan't a min raise? There were 2 cold callers between, so I have good implied odds. Or, was the mistake calling the push by UTG+2? If so, what about QQ,KK or AA? I'm not claiming I played it correctly, just asking what the specific mistake was and how to avoid in the unlikely future.

BTW, I don't follow AM mechanically, but do so pretty close (but looser, especially in late position) the first 3 levels.