View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Pre-flop and post flop question - Little content

I am doing this from memory, so bear with me.
This was very early in this session and I have no reads on anyone yet. Stacks were appropriate to the levels - everyone had $10-$20 IIRC.

.50/$1 on pokerroom- 10 handed.

Hero is MP2 with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop - 2 limpers, UTG+2 raises, MP1 folds, Hero reraises, 2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, 3 more calls.
Total pot = 14.5 SB

Flop - 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG checks, UTG +1 checks, UTG +2 raises... Hero?

What I am trying to determine is if I should have reraised with JJ preflop against an early position raiser, and assuming I did the right thing preflop, what is the line postflop? Just call it down when I am assuming he has the A?

I realize that I have about 12:1 hand odds and the pot odds are around 16.5:1 at this point, but is that the only determining factor? Should a player automatically call if the odds suggest it would be profitable? (My math may not be correct either [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]). I am fairly certain I am beat right here, so my instinct is to lay it down and not worry about the odds. Is that incorrect thinking on my part? Why call it if I "know" I am beat?

TIA
-flyangler-