View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Big Coincidences You\'ve Experienced

Okay, long story, but if you can follow it, it's pretty neat.

It's the summer between my sophomore and junior year of college. I'm moving out of the dorms and into an off campus apartment but when the story starts I'm at home.

My friend from home in my high school went to a different college than me and tells me that his friend that he met at said college was transferring to my college. Lets call this guy "fred." So my friend from HS asks me if he can give my AOL name to Fred so he can ask me about the school. I say yes and I talk to Fred once online during the summer for about 30 minutes about my school(the one he is transferring to). I didn't talk to him again until the semester started.

Okay, that's one part. During sophomore year, my roomate's friend from his hometown (we'll call him jack) decides to come up and visit for a weekend of partying. Jack used to go to college but dropped out and is currently working. Jack decides he wants to be with all of us cool people up at school and transfers to my school for the upcoming fall semester.

Fast forward to the beginning of the year. I go to Jack's dorm room for a bit during a break in my classes. He has hardly seen any of his roomates yet because school just literally started and they're all busy. One of his suitemate's computer is out in the common room and he's just looking at it and sees my screen name on his AOL buddy list. Turns out it was Fred who we would meet later.

Sorta weird. Also, my school isn't small. We have over 10k undergrads.