View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

Other observations:

- This blows away Party's VIP club simply by it's organization and relative straight-forwardness.
There are no situations where you have to be home to get a phone-call or else you won't get your offer fo rthat month.
And I certainly can't imagine that stars would reneg on any of their offers as happened to so many Party VIP's who played hard for a whole month and then came away with less than they expected and were told.

Whatever value there is can be seen for yourself and there is zero guess-work to that end (except for the fact that they haven't posted FPP prices for the WSOP-ME or PCA yet).

It's not something they are just making up as they go along (as seems to be the case with Party).

Party has been giving excuses for about 3 months now that their VIP club is still in it's infancy and you will have to give them time to develop it and work out the kinks.
Well...Stars VIP club hasn't even started yet and it's already better organized than that sillyness over at Party.

"We'll have an offer for you in a few days."
"Your December offers are coming soon."
etc etc etc.

there is no run-around trying to get a hold of them, "please let me in your VIP club."
Stars tells you directly up front how much you need to play.

If there was just a bit more value to it I'd say Stars' was superior in every way.
But major tournament packages where one only gets 4-6 cents per raked-hand in value is not quite the value I was hoping for.
I think for that kind of high-volume where you aren't even getting cash back (just tourney packages or whatever) one should get a little more.

O-Doyle went to the WSOP ME for 120k hands on a different site (didn't even have to be raked-hands as I recall) and I think that's a pretty reasonable value.

On Stars it's 160k raked-hands just to get a $6.9k EPT package which is certainly not an exceptional value.

I was getting 4-cents per raked-hand with my deal over at Party-VIP and that was straight-up cash (back when they were actually giving cash-offers...not sure if that will be happening again or not...you can never tell over there).

But, I do appreciate the ability to at least SEE what kind of value I'm getting ahead of time and not have to guess so much as one does at Party.