View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Why am I so nitty?

I play like everyday, but I've never been able to play more than a 2hour session at once. Whenever I start playing I am always extremely nervous. If it's been a while my hands will shake and I'll get butterflies in my stomach. As I keep playing I get more and more uncomfortable. Winning or losing has no effect on this. It has NOTHING to do with wanting to protect a win or stop playing because of a loss. It's just a general uneasiness. After the 90min mark I will start shifting in my seat and sometimes think of excuses of why I should stop playing. Once I get close to the 2hour mark I will almost always quit, unless the game is very good then I will tough it out.

I thought this stuff would pass with time. I really have no taboos about gambling, and I have no gambling problems. In fact I would say I dont enjoy the act of gambling for gambling's sake. This is causing a problem now as the money is far better than my job, and I really want to put in more hours. I suppose I could take some sort of anti anxiety drug, but do those interfere with decision making? Id rather not resort to something like that out of principle, but if it's effective I'll do it out of pragmatism.

I thought I would just get dull to this after a while, but it really hasn't changed at all. Any advice?