View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: poker tracker question

[ QUOTE ]
My Day Starts At: - this feature was added to v2.05.00p. What it's intent is for those players that play in time zones that are different than the poker site they are playing at. You can use this feature to get data to show on the proper day when using the session dates section. An example would be easier to understand.

Party Poker hand histories display the game date in Eastern (US) time. If you are a user that lives in California, your time is Pacific (US) time, 3 hours less than Eastern time. So hand histories from Party that say the session started October 6, 2004 at 12:05 AM ET really was started on October 5, 2004 at 9:05 PM PT. If you leave the "My Day Starts At" field set to Midnight and then enter a date preference of October 5, 2004, you are not going to see this session because it really started on October 6, 2004 according to the hand histories. However, if you add 3 hours to this, setting the "My Day Starts At" value to "3 AM", then when you enter a date of October 5, 2004 in the date section, you are going to get data for any sessions that started between October 5, 2004 03:00 AM and October 6, 2004 02:59:59 AM. Therefore, the session started on Oct. 6, 2004 at 12:05 AM ET will be displayed with the data for October 5.

As a rule of thumb, if you want to use this feature, set the value to:

If your time zone is behind Eastern US time, set the value to midnight plus number of hours behind you are. Pacific US time would be 3 hours behind Eastern US time so set the value to 3 AM. If you are 2 hours behind Eastern US time, set the value to 2 A.M.

If your time zone is ahead of Eastern US time, set the value to midnight minus the hours ahead you are. If you are in Australia, for example, and you are 8 hours ahead of Eastern US time, set the value to 4 PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

linkie