Thread: rebuy strategy
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 03:15 AM

Default Re: rebuy strategy

On PS you can rebuy with your starting chip amount, most touraments are "unlimited rebuys with 1500 OR less chips". So rebuy before the first hand is dealt. If you drop to T$1500 or below rebuy.

Think of it this way... you get AA and a guy before you gets AQ and he has T$3000, would you rather play him with T$1500 or T$3000?

Also take the add-on. The $3 rebuy for the Sunday $250K has a cap on the add-on, i.e. if you have >T$20,000 at the break you can not add-on. I do not know if this is the case with the WPT sats or not, but you can find out in the tourament info page on the tourament lobby.

Considering the VERY few seats that are going to be available in these, I think it would be a good strat to build as big a stack as soon as possible during the rebuy. I have watched a couple of these in the final hours, and I have not seen one yet that had more than 3 seats. Which means it is almost a winner take all tourament.

Chips are everything. Considering that these small buy-in rebuys tend to get pretty wild/loose during the rebuy, take advantage of that. Like you said "its only $3" and if you get your chips in with the best hand and get sucked out, big deal, rebuy and know that the odds where with you and next time you will be the one ranking the pot instead of the fool playing any two. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Also many people have a really hard time switching gears from rebuy mode to solid player after the rebuy, so again take advantage of this. A lot of times the wild people during the first hour that have big stacks bust out before the end of the second hour.