View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: I\'m turning jason into a LAG. The AQo test?

[ QUOTE ]
Given the opponent description, this is a real easy BEEEP! :We interrupt this response to say the answer is somewhere in the beginner/small stakes forum. Now back to your regularly scheduled response.: and I'm sure the voting will reflect that.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a legitimate raise this is an easy fold. It is not close. Against a tight raiser with one limper there is really no reason to put 3 bets in here. The fact that your opponent knows about position and isolation says little if anything. Most decent players that have played any significnt amount of poker understand these concepts. By the way, your 3-bet is not isolating anybody here. You are guranteed to have 3 people playing here. As to the quote above, point me to one two plus two limit holdem book that states that this 3-bet is a standard play. I GUARANTEE you will not find it. Further, of all the best limit holdem books, you won't see any authors saying to 3-bet AQo against a legitimate raise. This player DOES NOT raise enough to think he is "raising light".
If you 3-bet AQo regardless of the player as a standard play you will lose money. Don't take my word for it: miller, sklansy, yao, bob ciaffone, mason malmuth etc. etc. etc. all are against this play. Insert your favorite author here and paste the quote.