View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: when money at the job just doesnt matter...

Hi up,

I share your thoughts on this subject. And at times, I've often wondered if my success at the tables have caused me to NOT be as diligent in my work at the cubicle. Because of this, I have been reevaluating what I've been doing at work and need to decide how to start focusing better in 2006.

From the tone of your post, I don't think you are seriously thinking about playing poker as your main source of income, but more like a realization that work money may be desensitized due to poker. Although I'm sure it's been on your mind more and more these days. In my opinion, the fact that I have full benefits, retirement plan, great people with whom I work and in a trade that I am good at, it's something I would never let go to play a game. I guess it would depend on how much you make (both at work and poker) and how much you enjoy your work environment. However, in the end, when it comes to playing cards for a living, it all comes down to just one thing: How do YOU feel about doing so? Everyone's opinion differs, and it is neither right or wrong.