View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 03:04 PM

Default JJ under the gun ............... twice!

The only hands I seem to be posting recently are JJ hands. Well here are 2 more. I am not sure I should have given up the lead in the first and I know that generally I do not 3 bet enough.

Hand 1

Vilain is 35/7/3.7 over 100 hands and is a little too aggressive but will give up if he thinks he is beat. He will keep betting if checked to.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Should I simply 3 bet the flop here to keep the lead? And what do you think of the river?

Hand 2

CO is a very loose 62/0/0.6 after only 30 hands, BB is 53/12/1.4 after 50 hands. So both could have anything.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

My plan on the flop was to fire again if a non-ace fell and when it did I would likely have called it down if BB had dropped out.

I am unsure on this 2nd one whether the state of the game made me give up the pot too easy or whether I was right to drop anyway. It was my last hand on the my last table to shut down after a good session and I may have been focusing more on not losing much with the hand rather than trying to win it.