View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Borgata Trip Report

[ QUOTE ]
Last night I decided to go to AC. On the way there I was deciding between the House of Blues and the Borg. I havent been in a B+M since Vegas last winter.

The action was pretty good, but it seems like the Borg has more college age kids with some grasp of the game. The average table makeup while I was there was one or two LAGs, 4 or 5 TAGs including two dealers, one complete degenerate gambler and a few weak tight types.

Here are some hands I played (details are foggy)

KK in the BB, people make it 12, I make it 30. Flop comes low cards, I make it 25, LAG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ewww. How much was in the pot?

[ QUOTE ]
Next hand, I get JJ in the SB. Everyone puts in 6, I bump it to 20 or 25 and a different LAG calls. Flop has an A, but I bet 15. Turn is a rag and I put him on a baby ace and I want to push him off of it so I bet 30, he calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! So there is over $100 in the pot, and you bet $30 to push him off his top pair?

[ QUOTE ]
Last hand I am there, I am UTG+1 with JTo and fold...Everyone limps and the flop comes TT7 two spades. The table had been raising over half the hands, but it was getting more limp-tacular towards the end. I thought I was saving 2 bucks, plus more if I'm against QT or QJ etc. I usually get last hand syndrome and overplay marginal holdings, but it looks like I played this one too tight and missed out on some cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can limp and maybe fold to the right raise or raises. In a 1/2 NL game with lots of hands going to the flop multi way for not much money, a player can have success with this, assuming you can get away from your hand when you are behind. But your results-oriented thinking will get you into big trouble. There are many good players who would've folded that hand in your spot preflop, and most of them would care less about the fact that the flop was TTx. Besides, with that flop, you are going to lose a big pot often enough to maybe not make up for the fact that you will win some small pots.