View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: A strange BB hand

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, you have the bottom card in an OESD and you are getting 6-1 pot odds. But if the 9 comes, you have the ass end of the straight. Additionally, two spades are already out, so you could probably discount those. So, you don't have many outs and you might be drawing dead. I don't think you have the odds to continue. But a lot of this is read dependent, as you know, and since you just sat down you need to make this call without much info. I guess with no reads, you can call the turn and and check/call the river. But I'm folding the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Counting outs on the turn if Heros behind:
Hero might be drawing dead to a T9 made straight already and might be against a flush draw, so I'll give 3 outs for a four, 2 outs for a nine which gives any T a straight, 1 out for a five and 1 out for an ace.

I count a pretty generous 7 outs, but a peel looks OK to me.

Hero won't be able to get too aggressive with anything he catches though, especially a five.

There's a chance Hero is still ahead on the turn though (if Villian is the type to raise the turn with an OES, flush, or combined OES and FD.) But if Villian is on a draw the 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is one of the worst cards that could come.

On the river, I'm going to check/call. Maybe a bet fold would be better though, for getting value when ahead.