Thread: yay
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: yay

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I probably lead the river. As played I raise pot.
Hand 2: Not sure, but I might check behind and reconsider on river.
Hand 3: I bet $50 on the turn, fold to a reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like your analysis.

Hand 1: Lead river is standard, but c/r has some merit. Not bad. I like it even
Hand 2: I think hero is ahead here, and should bet to protect his hand. Are you worried villain will put you to decision on river if you dont get it in. It looks like you are just scared of making a river decision and want to take away the rest of your options. Wouldnt betting 3/4 and playing poker from there be better?

Hand 3: Ugh, what a crappy spot. Villain is so short I cant see us getting away from this hand but I cant see what you are ahead of besides 1010 or JJ. If you bet I dont like a push because all the better hands call and the worse hands fold but Im stuck on what to do.

I notice both hand 2 and hand 3 involve you being stuck with around a PSB (or less) on river if you PSB turn, and it appears you are trying to take away this situation with overbet pushes.

Is this good poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

hand 2 is questionable.

In hand 3 when I am up against a short stacked villian who I think is drawing I usually push. The reason is that if I bet the standard ammount and he calls then I check and he pushes river for ~$30 into ~$160 pot I really can't fold.