View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Tough situation pf with qq - itm stars 20+2 800 entrants

Oh wow you laid down QQ there huh, was wondering what you had. I didn't take UTGs limp as much although I had rarely seen him limp into a pot and was almost always opening, although I probably should have been paying more attention. Your raise seemed a decent amount higher than the average for the table at the time and I thought you were definitely trying to isolate(with a good, but not great hand - was wrong about that) to get HU with him as he was being overly aggressive with a lot of marginal hands postflop, so I decided to push it over the top, hoping to scoop up an already nice size pot. I definitely did not want to call off 1/4 or so of my stack and a reraise less than all in is pretty trivial. As soon as UTG cold called my push I started kicking myself for not trusting my read, knowing 100% that he had KK or AA like you did, although it would have been almost impossible for me to lay down my AK in that spot. How did you end up finishing in that tourny by the way?

I'm assuming barring a spectacular read my AK is a push in this situation right?