View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Living on your own for the first time

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This response alone tells me it is time for you to move away from home. You know that you should be paying your own keep, you want to prove it to yourself and your parents. The current arrangement is not letting you do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually... I'm starting to side more with the guys that say that you should move out. I'd strongly consider doing it if only for a few months (read 4-8 months).

I've already done it, in college and for work, so I've had some of that experience already. It's been pretty rough on me, actually, other than when I was living with friends.

So I'd suggest moving out with friends.

But yeah, it's a worthwhile experience (hella-costly, though, especially if you start buying restaurant food every day).

[/ QUOTE ]

The trick is, there are no tricks to moving out. You WILL be broke at some point, and learn to scrape by, you WILL have trouble with random [censored], and it WILL be stressful to find time to do laundry/grocery/clean etc. But you WILL learn SO much, and you will have a great time. I do suggest living with people the first time you move out, so you learn how to live with other people besides your family, but I like living on my own now, but I couldnt imagine moving out by myself for the first time.