View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: KK all heart flop

[ QUOTE ]
EP is 75/25 but only 20 hands
CO is 56/10 but only 56 hands

Party Poker 10-20 (10 handed)
Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
EP raises, Hero 3bets, CO calls, BB calls, EP calls

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, EP bets, Hero calls, CO raises, BB folds, EP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
EP bets, Hero raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the raise here, even though you may be behind in the hand and don't have the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop, the CO was willing to call your 3-bet cold, indicating a strong hand. However, when the board came down all-hearts, the CO raised, indicating to me that he's got a drawing hand. Would someone with a made flush raise on the flop? Highly unlikely unless it's a small one, but it's unlikely that CO would call a 3-bet with even suited connectors. I would probably put CO on A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with a Picasso kicker.

Now for EP. He raised preflop, indicating a fairly strong hand given his position. He led out on the flop, got raised, but didn't do the standard "check to the raiser" on the turn, probably suspecting that CO was trying to buy a free card with this raise on the flop. Therefore, I would view this as a way to protect a made hand against CO getting the free card he's looking for. I would put him on a set (9s or Js) or perhaps an overpair. I would rule out a flush because he bet out on the flop when most players would simply check hoping to slow-play and trap their opponents.

If either CO or EP raises, you can pretty much assume that you are beat and drawing very thin (perhaps dead) and should fold your Pocket Kings.