View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 04:51 AM

Default MMMMMM weighs in (he does, look!)

[ QUOTE ]
Iran and their minion army Hezbollah obviously pose a potentially serious threat to Israel, and are capable of inflicting severe damage if they so decide. Just because they could not (at present) defeat Israel, does not mean they could not harm Israel severely.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are more clever than Zipo. That, or you had the benefit of reading our li'l exchange before ..."weighin' in". [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

You were careful not to put the word "military" in there -- as in, "military threat". Good job.

Yes, Iran is a serious worry for Israel, on account of Tehran's inherently unstable, autocratic, fanatic, fundamentalist regime and the mullahs' assistance to various anti-Israeli groups, including terrorist groups. And if Iran acruired nukes, the whole region will be threatened - and not just Israel. (Note that, in this very thread, I have already said as much. But the fanatics' eyes tend to glaze over and ignore text when it doesn't agree with their pre-ordained world view.)

HOWEVER, a military threat is something else completely!

This whole sub-thread started when Zipo, moronically, started insisting that
-- a terrorist threat is the same as a military threat, and
-- Iran is a neighbor to Israel (it's in the same 'hood, y'all! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Just to prick once more the grunting fanatics' skin, I will repeat it : Israel is under no military threat from its neighbors because israel is militarily stronger than all its neighbors combined!

...Now prepare yourselves for a serious, serious howler, and I mean serious :

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="brown">Hezbollah ... may in fact pose a potentially graver threat to the United States, than al-Qaeda.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, perhaps others know of 2+2 posts in 2005 with a higher calibre of outrageousness. I don't. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

For me, that is our MMMMM Post Of The Year, right there. It goes into the Archives, immediately.