View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Preflop action from BB quiz

Scenario #1 versus the SB

ALL Bids Assuming blinds are 10/20

1-3 Raise anywhere from 2.5 ~ 5x Blinds. He probably doesnt have a hand, if you catch anything bid the pot, if he re-raises you turbo fold (unless its an Ace on the ATs)

4. I tack on a 4x Blind raise here to make it 100. 2 Overs i dont bid the flop, 1 over i bid out with a 2/3 assuming checked. 3 overs i check-fold home and curse my luck.

5. AQos heads up versus another blind... yummy.... 3x Bid, pot bid on a hit.

6. I hate 2's. I check and hope a monster hits i can slap him for half his stack.
================================================== ========

Scenario 2

1. I min-raise, to build the pot assuming no overs, I push out a 2 bet, I dont like this hand but im trying to get some mileage out of it.

2. I like this hand infinitely better the KJ for some reason, I raise to 3-4x BB and hope to isolate.
Any hits = Pot bid maybe even jam it.

3. I play KQ and A10 the same pre flop.
Post flop, pot bet if 10 high hits, value bet the ace 1/2 pot, re-raised on either and im cursing.

4. 8's are fun, raise to 3x, looking for an isolation, if trouble lands on flop(AKQ) check it through, if its strong bidding dump it. If an 8 hits, check it through raise the turn, and all in the river.

5. I re-raise 6x, i want legitimate hands in only, i dont want stuff like 8-9 suited sneaking into these hands ;\.
Either card hitting and I overbet pot, if i get played back on, i may shove it on him.

6. Donk raise - slow play, catch the trips laugh when you bust em.