View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 08:43 PM

Default Home game PLO8 hand

Dealer's choice. My turn to deal. I call 1/2 PLO8. I have to explain the concept of pot limit. They go along with it. We had played limit O8 pretty regularly for the past few months.

Lineup--

Eric-- The only opponent at the table who is capable of making decent reads. Frustrated by his inability to beat me. Can lay down a big hand, and is bluffable. Will take a shot at a decent pot once in a while.

Billy-- Maniac. Likes to jack it up preflop. Hates to fold, unless he suspects he has zero outs. Bets and raises with decent draws. Calls with bad ones.

After a few rounds of this, I am dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.
(5 handed)

UTG folds. UTG+1 calls. Billy makes it $5 to go on the button, as usual. Eric calls from the small blind. I call.

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks. Hero checks. Button bets $10. SB calls $10. Hero raises to $55. Button calls. SB calls.

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

SB checks. Hero bets $100. Button calls all-in for $72.50. SB goes into the tank then folds, muttering something about the nut-low draw. We both had deep money at the table.

Button shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

River comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and MHIG.

SB says he held AA23.

Comments on all streets please, especially flop and preflop.