View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Is it even possible to do 4+ tables of stud?

[ QUOTE ]
I can do 4-6 tables of LHE or 4 of NLHE without much difficulty. If I'm playing stud 3 seems to be my max, and I don't see how it's possible to remember dead cards on 3 tables. Are any of you able to play 4-6 tables proficiently? Is this even possible for most people?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried multi-tabling, and I just don't think it can be done well. Yeah, it can really improve your starting hand discipline, but remember: the advantages that starting hands have over others are much slimmer than in HE. So you may gain a little there, but you lose out on some of the more subtle things that make a really good stud player, namely:
- reads on other players and their style. If you multi-table, you're not gonna pickup on your opponents who: slow play big pairs on 3rd, overplay small pairs, raise/jam draws, value bet, steal antes, traps, etc etc etc.
- following dead cards. Yeah, tracking software can do this, but even then you're not remember the dead cards in the context of your opponents possible holdings, which I think is more valuable.

I think you'll make more play solidly at 1 table than so-so at multiple tables.