View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Three types of people

I don't think this is a useful or an accurate way to classify people. I suppose if you are in human resources or something you might think like this, but otherwise you couldn't be more wrong.
How can you call someone a failure for not meeting some artificially contrived standards imposed by society? If you took a homocidal maniac out of this society and placed him in the US special forces, he might be considered a "success". If you took a schizophrenic person out of this society andn placed them in some tribe in the past, they might serve a function as a shaman or something and be considered a "success."
Success and failure have nothing to do with your personality, because the meaning of success and failure changes with time, and circumstances.
Lets say you took a civil engineer, and placed him in Oz (the tv show). Would he be successful? I doubt it. I bet he would end up someone's prag. His abilities and personality are out of place in prison. However, the abilities and personality of a violent, paranoid criminal drug addict like Adebisi might lead them to be considered a "success."