Thread: Stat question
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Stat question

After 74,135 hands I had 2.97 poker tracker big bets per 100. That is low compared to the other postings, but it netted me over $1,100 profit at NL $25 and $50 after a $240 buy-in, so I'm not complaining. But even 75K isn't all that many hands as a sample size for a game that is theoretically infinite. I think most of the big 10+ poker tracker big bets per 100 are typically from guys still under 30K hands. I know a few of you guys can sustain higher win rates over many more hands, but I'm pretty happy so far given the sample size. I think I can sustain this moderate rate at these levels indefinitely with a very low "risk of ruin."

One area of play I need to improve on is knowing when to raise bigger on the river with marginal hands that I know are good enough to get called and win based on my read of the opponent. I tend to get a little passive on the river with a "the only hand that calls a raise is one that has me beat" attitude. As a result, I'm probably not maximixing my winning pot sizes as much as I might if I had better player/hand reading skills at the river.