View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Re: EMPIRE\'S attempt to drive out bonus whores

[ QUOTE ]
Preach on, brother! Next thing you know they'll be offering two 100% bonuses within two weeks of each other!

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, his whiniis even less reasonable than that. The 10 day limit on the last bonus doesn't end until Sept 3, so a fair fraction of players who have lives outside poker, were too busy to to deposit at the first millisecond the servers allowed it, don't multitable, want to enjoy what remains of the summer, or only do their heavy duty play on weekends (most players, 2+2 or not, fit one of these categories) could very well be working off their PLAYAUG the day before PLAYSEP begins.

In my case, due to the NeTeller update (and shutdowns) during the PLAYAUG deposit days, it tootk me repeated attempts over several days to get my deposit through, and my playthrough period would have ended ( had I not already finished play) at 11:44pm EDT Sept 3. I might've had to pay A WHOLE 16 MINUTES WITHOUT A BONUS. Oh, the horrors!

Oh wait. Empire has long given us at least one day of unofficial grace perod after the play peiod officially ends. so I'd have had ONLY 23 hrs and 44 minutes of OVERLAP.

I hate to cast aspersions on anyone, but sometimes I wonder if McV actually plays any appreciable amount of poker at all, much less gnomes on the scale he claimed to. I've treated some Gangsta wannabees in my time, whining about how they're being hit by the price hike on bullets because they thinks it makes them sound killa [and they think being despised as a killer is preferable to what they really are]

Seriously, am I the only one who's had this suspicion? HAs anyone seen this guy play? How bad must he be, playing that many hands a week, and still having his bottom line (and mysterious "financial jams" -- though he "makes more money than YOU, bub!) revolve around the latest bonus?

There's only so many hours in a week, and too few of them are free time. I happen to enjoy poker, but if gnoming Party bonuses was the most +EV use of *that much* of my month, I'd be pretty unhappy about my life.