View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Is there anyone living you would pay $16k to eat lunch with?

[ QUOTE ]
For me, it'd be a no-brainer. With the basic investing sense I already have and my current net worth, combined with future earnings potential, I'd know how to get my $16k worth out of that lunch.

I guess I may have overestimated how many people would be making a +EV decision by eating lunch with Buffett, but if you knew what to ask him and what to do with his answers, you don't need much in terms of assets to make him worth your while. There are a lot of smart people who work very hard to make sure Mr. Buffett's money is well-invested. I definitely think the work put into those decisions, combined with Buffett's knowledge and hard work is worth more than 16k.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my first thought too. There was a charity auction a while back that got way more than 16K, by the way.

Also, whoever said "just read the Intelligent Investor, it has his whole investment philosophy" is *far* from correct

Which is not to say that the lunch would be worth 16K unless you have significantly more than 16K in investable assets. Like several hundred thousand at the minimum. I'm sure an hour conversation could make you a notch or two better as an investor, if you already know what you are doing and ask the right questions, but it's not like he's giving away a monster tip or a magic formula. Anyone who has followed his career should know that.

My answer to the OP is no one. If i had a couple million, there might be a few.