View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Strange Home Game SnG format

[ QUOTE ]
you might try answering durrons question

[/ QUOTE ]

He did answer my question, he edited the OP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I dunno, I played in a tourney similar to this and I tried LAGging it up. It worked ok but I had hot cards too. The blind structure was fast but not effected by busting players.

Honestly I think once two players are gone it makes stealing blinds very important. Are they loose/stupid or just loose? If they are loose stupid I think you are going to have to try to see lots of flops with speculative hands like suited connectors and hope you hit. With the steep payout structure you are going to need to accumulate chips and if you are shortstacked with 100/200 you are going to be pretty screwed. Plus headsup will be a total crapshoot.

I think the key here will be to press marginal edges to try to build a stack. Take early coinflips with pocket pairs. Call a raise in level 1 if there are already 3 people in with a suited connector, that kind of stuff. Don't be afraid to get all the chips in on a flop with 2 overs + flush draw, or pair + flush draw.