View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 08:39 PM

Default gretzky takes on posada

i was at lunch today with a close friend and we had an interesting conversation about hockey and baseball goalies/catchers.

lets say you were in a hockey rink (all ice) but there was 1-2 foot circle of dirt where the goalie stands, this is where the catcher will be spiked up ready to take slapshots from the NHL's best.

he gets the same protection and equipment as a hockey goalie and 30 minutes of practice before Gretzky starts firing away.

now the catcher is standing in the dirt b/c it wouldn't be fair if he were to be forced to skate and we figured that a 1-2 foot circle of dirt would not affect a slapshot (please correct if wrong).

Gretzky or whatever hockey great you want taking the swings gets 20 shots at the goal, how many does he make from 20-25 feet away against a Major League catcher? he cannot take the goalie/catcher one on one, these are slapshots.

Discuss.

FWIW, my close friend is a MLB starting pitcher and from the north and was familiar with hockey so was able to see it from both sides wheras i am somewhat of a newb when it comes to hockey and pretty much think they are un-fuckingbelievable [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].