Thread: DERB
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: DERB

[ QUOTE ]
Since the new one got locked...

And why did it get locked? Dcifir- is fun bad?

This is news and gossip. not strategy, Barron

Wow, you give Baron moderator priviliges, and he kills one of the most meaningful strategy discussions in the entire forum. Just because you don't want it to be about strategy doesn't mean that's true. The whole discussion revolves around the concept strategy.

Amazing.

- Andrew

www.pokerstove.com

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. the actual REASON why derb does so well is important strategy. but look at the responses. they are ALL simply speculation, amusing annecdotes etc. further, the original DERB post is so large and cumbersome that its annoying to have blocking other threads from being created and read.

Andrew, i definately respect your opinion and will definately leave this thread opened so long as it doesn't degenerate into a he said she said no analysis conjecture and annecdote thread.

and i'll start:

having played with DERB for a long time now, from experience I'd say there is virtually no question he is a very strong winning player.

I have noticed that DERB's VPIP has dropped and his AF has remained constant from the 30/60 game Ive played with him to the higher limit ones. DERB used to be 29 or 30vpip and has dropped a %point to 27-28.

DERB still, however, seems to call down with hands that just can't win. ever. I think he does this to prevent ever getting bluffed out of the pot. but eventually he should adjust if he is as good of a player as the rest of his game indicates.

-Barron