Thread: Poll: Intested?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Poll: Intested?

Hi TStoneMBD,

The seat at the tournament is $5k CAD if you pay directly. However, for our online tournaments, we're giving a $7.5K CAD prize package to the event (includes flight, hotel stay, spending cash and tournament entry).

As the poker game designer, I'm not the person pulling together the details on this tournament, but I can certainly get the details you feel are missing into your hands ASAP.

Something to note: The $50 tournament fee is in USD, which works out to be $6400US (or close to $7,333 CAD at today's rates) if all 128 seats per tournament are filled (which of course we'd love, but I'm skeptical it will happen to be honest). Still, we have seats to give out, so as long as we have 16 people in a tournament, it runs and the winner gets the prize package. We're also discussing what to give people in 2nd-8th place as well.

As our site will carry the brand and be named from this very event, I hope that goes a ways towards dispelling fears of a new site with folks. And to be clear, we're letting everyone know that the site's only going to be live until the last seat is given out. At that point, our job is done and we return back to building our true site. If anyone has funds in an account (missed an event, we had to cancel a tournament, etc) on that date, we'll be contacting them and finding out how they'd like to receive their funds back in full.

Thanks for the question and the chance to clarify. Love the avatar, btw. =)

Doug