View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: do you fold KK to this turn ace?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ohhhh... Hell no!

I raise and fold to a 3bet cause If you call the turn here you have to call the river. And he may just be making a "move" on the tight player. Why wouldn't he check/raise if he hit an ace? Because he's a moron? Yes that's certainly a good reason, but I still raise. No one donk bets me! Also, heads up in these situations I like to check behind with position and call a river bet, rather than bet/fold to a raise or bet/fold a worse hand that's way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are raising this turn then you should be betting the river, otherwise you don't gain enough from the turn raise. He bet into two of you, I dig the fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he calls the turn that means he has Ax and a river bet will just be called. If you're going to call here and call the river UI than you might as well raise the turn/fold to a 3bet/fold to river stop n go.

Or you can fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay the meta-game reasons I can get behind, but the winning the most money reason seems to me to be if you aren't folding, call turn call river. If you reraise the turn, and he calls you will assume you are beat. If you reraise and he folds, you lose the potential that he will continue betting the worst hand on the river. What does the reraise accomplish aside from a FEAR ME sort of meta game satisfaction?