View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 12:47 AM

Default Re: do you fold KK to this turn ace?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ohhhh... Hell no!

I raise and fold to a 3bet cause If you call the turn here you have to call the river. And he may just be making a "move" on the tight player. Why wouldn't he check/raise if he hit an ace? Because he's a moron? Yes that's certainly a good reason, but I still raise. No one donk bets me! Also, heads up in these situations I like to check behind with position and call a river bet, rather than bet/fold to a raise or bet/fold a worse hand that's way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are raising this turn then you should be betting the river, otherwise you don't gain enough from the turn raise. He bet into two of you, I dig the fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he calls the turn that means he has Ax and a river bet will just be called. If you're going to call here and call the river UI than you might as well raise the turn/fold to a 3bet/fold to river stop n go.

Or you can fold.

But no one donk bets me.

No one! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Ahem. I often see hands like 66-99 in these situations. That's my main reason the raise. When the ace hits they get confused with their overpair and donk. A weak ace they will usually check/call or a strong one check/raise. But the pot is small so a fold ain't bad. Raising the turn is also good for meta-game image reasons. They must fear the turn when playing against you. Fear I say! Fear!