View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Next Logical Step?

I don't get the extreme aversion to full ring. One drawback to them is that the crazier LAGgy players tend to go to shorthanded games, and those players are a great profit source (or headache source, when you're running bad). But I have to think that is generally mitigated once you are playing at a limit where there isn't a shorthanded option available.

The full ring games go a little slower, and some of the losing/marginal players don't make too many mistakes simply by being pretty tight. But as you get to higher limits, I would imagine that a lot of hands play like a shorthanded table anyway -- the first four (or less if the table is less than 10 handed) fold, and you essentially have a 6-max situation.

So I think you have a lot of options. You can move to other sites and look for higher limit SH games. You can move to full-ring games. You can work in the 15/30 6max games at Party. They are sometimes pretty good, with several donators who play there regularly. Even the winning players don't seem to be ubergood or anything. I can beat the game (I think), and I still have weaknesses in my game.