View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Professional vs 2nd Income

"Any man who would give up even a little bit of freedom for a little bit of security shall recieve niether of either which is exactly what he derserves." -Benjamin Franklin

"I want you to realize that virtually all men experience the same conflict that you do, and that we all move back and forth from demanding greater freedom to demanding greater security." -Alan Schoonmaker

I have done some unofficial research from all of the greats in thier field. Paul McCartney, Thomas Edison, Warren Buffett, Benjamin Franklin and loads of others. What I have found is that all of them have chosen 100% freedom over security and that is a big factor determining why they got to the top of thier fields. They did not work for anyone else. They did not yield to pressures legal or social.

That makes me think poker full time is the way to go. But alas in the end I agree with Mr Schoonmaker. All of those great folks represent about one tenth of one percent of the population. If you are that great than full time (24 hours a day 7 days a week) is the ticket to the top. If not I think the part time road is a lot better.