View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: I Quit My Day Job

Honestly, these articles are beginning to piss me off.

"Boohoohoo I make money sitting at home on my computer, what an awful life, nobody loves me, I have no friends, I'm fat and have no future."

Tell it to young grads with degrees that are leading them to dead end jobs, or the construction worker finishing cement on cold winter days or mothers who have to leave their kids at home to make ends meet waitressing.

Poker if learned properly can be a great career opportunity, especially for the entrepenurial. Imagine not having to have a mortgage on your first home or condo? How many people would be willing to lead a hard life if they could actually own their property within 3 years of playing? Many people are doing this now but it will take them 20 or 30 years.

The health issue is such a joke I don't even want to comment, but I must: Go to a God Damn Gym 3 times a week for one hour. Do it in the morning when the games are not great. Health problem solved! Who knows, you might even make a friend!

As for Dreary life: welcome to reality. You think it is mor fun spending 60-70 hours at some other job for less money? If you can't take one or two days off a week to spend exclusively with family, friends, or girlfriends, you have a serious gambling problem. Get help!

There are so many upsides to poker that the downsides are negligible unless you already have a job and life you love. You make out of life what YOU WILL.