View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Hand from a 6-max table -- handreading.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if A8s is a possible hand, but I omitted it when he raised preflop. I don't know much about 6-max ranges so it could still be a viable hand. If it is, the odds go down that he actually holds it when he just calls the flop raise. IMO any Ax hand that raises preflop is making it 3-bets on the flop, so I eliminated all top pair hands when he just called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having played this game quite often, I think A8 is definately in (and should be in) Hero's preflop raising range in this game.

I agree that the chance of it goes down when Hero just calls the flop raise, however given the action presented to Hero, I believe calling might be better than 3-betting. Since the flop raiser is immediately to his left, simply calling the flop in hopes to raise the field on a non-club turn might have been the best line for Hero's A8 ... the non-club part being the key for me. I liken it to the TT on a 9xx board where your hand is likely good, but very vulnerable. If your relative position is advantageous, then wait & exploit it after a safe turn.

What do you think?

Edit:
Forgot the large PPs. I remove these from Hero's range when I see the turn check/raise. When Hero's raised on the flop & the third guy cold calls, he should think there's a good chance one of the villain's has an A. It's unlikely both are on flush draws, and given Ax is a 6-max magnet for many players, I think the turn check-raise is dubious. If BB has the A, it's got a weak kicker, so there's a chance of folding him. But, given these guys are friends & play back at each other all of the time, I think that isn't happening. The turn bettor isn't folding an A, as it's only one back to him, and I don't believe either Villain would fold a flush draw here.

So, I dismiss high PPs from Hero's range...