View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: UltimateBet WPT Championship seats 150,000 UPs

I'm thinking that if you can 3-table (their max number of tables still) the 6-max at 3/6 or higher then you can earn perhaps up to 200 points per hour (maybe...that's probably a stretch).

This would be 750 hours of play to get to 150k points (8 weeks of 90+ hours per week perhaps...OUCH).

Prize package is $28k.... divided by 750 hours = $37/hr which isn't bad (especially if you already have rake-back there or left-over bonuses to clear)

...but this, of course, assumes that you actually are one of the first 10 players to get there.....you get some value for getting 'close' because of the freeroll...but obviously that's not what you're playing for.

I started on it yesterday just to see how it goes. I'm at 1500 points now....not sure if I'm going to go all the way with this thing though.
Hoping they post standings at some point to see if I have a shot.

If it looks like I cant get there just by playing 1k to 1500 points per day then I might.
But if i'm a million-miles back in the standings (assuing they post these at some point) then I'm certainly not going to kill myself trying to get there.

On top of everything else...my massive down-swing (also known as crappy-play) has followed me to UB and I need to think in terms of what is best for my bankroll.

Still continuing to see how it goes though.