View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: SNG Playing style

Read through this thread.

[ QUOTE ]

I usually play really tight in the first 3 levels, usually not even playing one or two hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. You'll need a non-crappy stack to be effective later.

[ QUOTE ]

In the next three levels, I tighten up even more and only play Pocket Aces through Jacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not good. You should be opening up, and getting in some more steals. The link above has plenty of information on how to play common situations.

[ QUOTE ]

Then, in the levels after this, usually after the bubble, I loosen my game up and start gambling a little bit. The only problem is by this point, I am usually the short stack becuase I haven't been playing many hands and I usually finish in 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're counting on others to bust out before you. Sometimes this works, but even if it does, as you noticed, you don't have enough of a stack to really play ITM and get those 1sts that you really need.

[ QUOTE ]

Would you guys recommend playing a little looser in the earlier levels to try and build your stack up so you have a little better chance of winning when you're ITM?

I know this is probably a dumb question, but I had to ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a dumb question. Most posters might not remember a time when they were playing scared and passive on the bubble, but it's just one of those initial obstacles every 1-tabler has to get through.

You should also post hands here, whether you think you played them well or not.

Good luck.