View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: check/call check/call check/raise the river

I wish I folded more in this situation. We all hear the Gospel of not folding for one bet in a big pot. But there is a difference between a bet and a c/r. Yeah it still costs us the same but the meaning of the move from the fish's perspective is different. I will still value bet TPGK every time last to act on this river. But I'm begining to see more and more that calling that c/r is a leak. "I just want to see what they have." Most of them will play it the same regardless of who they're against so let some other fish call down that c/r and get a read. Some will do this with TPWK, hell I've done it a time or 2 against a player who can find the fold button. I think folding every time here is a crime, because it begs people to take shots at you. But I think calling down every time is a leak too. Find the players who are more likely to do this with weaker hands and call them down so the table see's they can't bully you with that play. But when a player who rarely ever c/r's and is not aggresive on any street except with the goods, I think even in a big pot this is a reasonable laydown. This comes down to reads more then size of the pot to me. Shillix said it one time in some post I can't remember and I will paraphrase it here. If someone walks by and puts a million dollars in a pot your playing at .5/1 and a player raises you on the river and your certain you are beat you are still wasing that dollar if you call, not "making a good call in a big pot".