View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Good job defending my blind or a shiny new luckbox?

[ QUOTE ]
Your position relative to the raiser, and the strength of your draw, would make me lead at the pot (say for 4/5). If you check, then you tend to want to call to try to get other people in, if you lead, then they might call you, and pfr might then raise and you can push grabbing all the dead money to add to your equity. Checking and calling is awful here I think.

[/ QUOTE ]So you feel that I was underestimating my draw here, is that it? I felt with that many people in a minraised pot that I could be up against nearly anything so I played it relatively conservatively.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn play is awful, but works out ok because Villain plays even awfuller.

[/ QUOTE ]Please explain how you would handle it. My guess is that villain would have just hit "bet pot" like he did before if I checked, making it a very tough call even with the improved draw.

Putting in the small bet saved me money to see the river and I really wanted to see the river by this point. I don't necessarily think I had a ton of FE, but that was a factor as well - villain could have seen it as a value bet after I hit two pairs or a straight and folded.

Either way, I'd like to know specifically what you would have done on the turn - check-call? And how much would you be willing to call? Or do you just push here and let villain sort it out even though if called you are assuredly a dog?

Finally, for bonus points: What do you put villain on?