View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: What do we have in common?

[ QUOTE ]
In the last few days, I've started a couple of threads designed to show the perceptions that people have about both liberals and conservatives. I believe politics in the United States has become polarized and angry-- and this is destructive for democracy.

So let's try to change the subject. I'm a liberal. I'm also from a big city on the east coast. You might have suspected it, but I'm also Jewish.

However, I went to college in a small town. I love small towns, they're obviously great places to grow up. I love sports, particularly the pathetic Philadelphia Eagles. I play rugby and love to drink cheap beer. Before I found poker, I was almost always broke as [censored] and my family has had a lot of economic hardship reccently.

I've never shot a gun, but I sort of think it would be cool. Any red-staters out there want to take me hunting sometime?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you live. I'll take you hunting or shooting...

As for your common theme...I played rugby in college. Best team game ever. Don't like beer at all. I'm an irish wiskey kind of guy. I grew up on a farm in a small town.

I guess I would count myself as conservative but like to lean in the libertarian direction. I suck at poker, but trying to learn. I just don't have the time I want to dedicate to it.

-Gryph