View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: AQs, 8 left, Stars 10+1, feeling stuck

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why OP would find it easy to fold AQs to a raise. I would fold it in some situations, but usually I am calling or reraising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Err I was thinking about a real raise when I wrote that. And I did't mean that I would necessarily do it, just that I wouldn't feel bad if I did.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that this hand crated a little discussion and that the situation isn't as cut and dry as I thought it would be. Personally, at the time, I felt like a push was the best play. Taking down the pot right now will be +$40k for me without seeing a flop, something that sounds really really attractive. The ONLY hand that I REALLY don't want to see that a stop and go will get rid of (and a push won't) is AK. Other than that, I can see villain calling my push with any PP once we take a flop. However, if villain is feeling risk averse he might lay down 22-66 here if I push (although doubtful since he's already put $30k in, I can see it happening if the jump from 8th to 7th means somthing to him).

As far as I can tell those are the benefits to SnG vs. Push. After weighing them all, I decided that a push would be better and hope that he would call me with something like KQ/AJ.

Any flaws in my thought process here?