View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Switching to contacts

At one point, I'd worn the same pair of contacts for 6 months straight. We're talkin 2 week disposables. It got to the point where my eyes burned so much that I finally broke down and went to the eye doctor.

I don't know why I didn't go sooner. I think it was pure laziness. They were still allowing me to see (albeit not horribly well), they just hurt. A lot.

So, yeah. You can definitely stretch 2 week disposables a long way. Just not that long. I mentioned this to my eye doctor, and he seemed to brush it off, as if there were nothing too inherently dangerous about wearing the same pair of contacts for 6 months. But I certainly wouldnt reccomend it.

I too have glasses, and I take the contacts out at night, because I don't like the way my eyes feel when I sleep in my contacts. This is actually a new practice for me... only been doin it for the past month or so, since I got these brand spankin new contacts.

Oh, and about LASIK? I don't think I could do that, what with the horror stories I've read about having the flap cut in your eye and blah blah blah. I could, however, get PRK done and not think twice. You can't find PRK for the kind of prices you can find LASIK for. But damn, I'd love to get rid of my contacts.