View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: 100+15 at the Mirage

I just read the first few sentences of this, and saw you smooth called a min raise from the UTG player when you held KK. This isn't a good idea. You're letting the whole table have a go at a pot that's rightfully yours. You need to shut all those guys out. There is bound to be a guy with say 56s, or even a one gapper or two. I have no interest in letting them see a flop. If you were on the button and the CO min raised I MIGHT flat call to mix it up, once in a blue moon. But not at a BM game in vegas where I'll never see these people again for as long as I live. Even on the button I would be really scared that the BB would call the extra bet with any 2 cards that work together.

another interesting point. if this thing pays 2 spots, proper stategy would be to gamble a little to try and get chips. sooooooo here is another reason that shutting out a suited connector is important. I doubt you could rely on the theory that since we know suited connecotrs are absolute crap in SNGs, that they know this incredibly helpful piece of information, and won't play them.