View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 07:47 AM

Default Re: $5/10 Check-Up and Interesting Hands

hand one:
I actually like the river bet better than a check here because often in these blind vs. blind battles online the opponent will talk himself into calling with a worse hand.....you fold to the river raise of course.....the only way I might like a river check better is if your opponent is really the type who likes to bluff-raise (doesn't seem like that sort of situation though) or you had him squarely on a draw.....

hand two:
ayy.....100 BB stacks suck.....once you raise preflop and get three callers, the pot size is real uncomfortable to be leading with a drawing hand with.....don't feel like doing the math, but it seems close for a call off the top of my head....no, well, I guess you're getting about 4 to 1 including implied - which really isn't the right price and plus, if you call, half your stack is now in the middle.....I guess you could've either underbet the pot on the flop, or I suppose you could've just said f it and bet the pot with the intention of commitment - in which case just stick it all in there, you don't have any fold equity so just pray your opponent has KQ and that you have 12 clean (very unlikely)....

hand three:
yeah mostly a fold here.....does depend a little on who the opponent is and what your image is, but in this situation because of the third man in it seems unlikely to be a spot where villain would be making a move.....which makes it all the more great if he is......