View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Rebuy and Stack Size Strategy? --> good M but poor Q

How do you play if you take a hit early in a freezeout? Basically the same situation here. What you're observing w/r/t overbets, etc. is the less than optimal poker that gets played deepstacked - that's an advantage for you.

The fact that you're hitting the freezeout phase consistently in this position suggests you may want to revisit how you're playing the rebuy period - you're probably not capitalizing on as many positive chip EV situations as you could. For some this is based on bankroll - if that's the case move down in the rebuys or stick to freezeouts.

w/r/t M&Q (and running the risk of exposing myself as yet another applying what I don't understand - which BTW I'm ready to acknowledge and couldn't refute if I wasn't) - Dan said simply and directly that M was the dominant factor and I don't recall him utilizing Q all that often in his hand analysis. Personally, in the early/mid stages of a tourney, I only use Q as a factor in determining how much edge I need to risk a percentage of my stack. If my Q was .5 I'd happily get it all in w/ the heavy end of a coinflip, if my Q was 3 or 4 I would pass an all-in w/ that edge (there're a number of views and many other threads discussing this - this is just mine).

Have fun,
HC